The Envestnet D&A Credit LLC Credit Accelerator solution allows consumers to link their accounts across the financial institution(s) and generate a Credit Accelerator file for the lender to use in the loan underwriting or another credit review and approval process.
Begin Using Credit Accelerator
To work with our Credit Accelerator product, please contact our Sales team.
- Authentication and User Registration -
Client's application authenticates and registers their users (i.e., borrowers) on the Envestnet D&A platform using the Generate Access Token API. For more information, see Client Credentials Authorization.
- Borrower Link Accounts -
Client's application launches FastLink 4 (see FastLink 4 Documentation) to enable their users or borrowers to aggregate their accounts. For more information, see Account Linking and Submission Process.
- Retrieve the Credit Accelerator File -
The client (i.e., lender) retrieves the borrower's Credit Accelerator file using an API request to the Envestnet D&A platform. The file can be retrieved in JSON or PDF format. For more information, see API Reference.
- Aggregation/Add/Refresh – Refers to the mechanism by which the Envestnet D&A platform gets up-to-date information on an account from a provider site, with the consumer's permission. Aggregation is the process of linking an account. The first-time linking is an add, and subsequent retrieval of up-to-date information is a refresh.
- Cobrand – A logical entity in the Envestnet D&A platform for each of our clients. This makes sure that your environment and data are encrypted and secure. Each of our clients is referred to as a Cobrand and issued a Cobrand ID as an identifier.
The terms - client and lender - are interchangeably used to refer to a cobrand.
- User – A user identifies the actual end-user. Like the Cobrand, this ensures the data aggregated by an end-user is kept secure and tied only to the user's identifier in the database. Hence, registering a user on the Envestnet D&A platform is essential before the services can be used.
The term borrower is interchangeably used to refer to a user.
- Provider – A provider is a financial institution (FI) site supported in the Envestnet D&A ecosystem.
- Provider Account – When a user on the Envestnet D&A platform aggregates a FI, i.e. a Provider, a provider account is created to identify this relationship. This identifier is referred to as a Provider Account ID (
providerAccountId). For example, if a user aggregates their Bank of America account with two checking accounts and one savings account, the aggregation result would create one Provider Account ID.
- Account – Each account received from a provider for a set of credentials provided by the user is an individual entity and identified by an Account ID (
accountId). For example, if a user aggregates their Bank of America account with two checking accounts and one savings account, the aggregation result would create three account IDs, one for each account.